Have your say on Deakin’s vaccination requirements
**UPDATED: 10 January 2022**
As part of Deakin’s ongoing commitment to protecting the health, wellbeing and safety of all staff, students and visitors, we’re aiming to become a fully vaccinated study and work environment.
At present, only fully vaccinated staff, students or visitors (or those with a valid exemption) may access Deakin campuses. This decision is aligned with Victoria’s Roadmap and public health orders, as well as Deakin’s Health, Wellbeing and Safety Policy.
Our COVID-19-Vaccination-procedure will come into effect on Monday 31 January 2022. It outlines Deakin’s vaccination requirements, how to provide proof of vaccination status, eligibility for exemptions and consequences for non-compliance.
We understand this is a complex issue, so you may also find it helpful to read our vaccination FAQs.
We welcome your feedback
We’re keen to receive any feedback you have on the draft procedure. Just email [email protected] by Monday 17 January 2022.
Submit your vaccination form
Have you supplied us evidence of your vaccination status or approved exemption yet? If you plan to attend campus in 2022, we need this evidence before Monday 31 January. Here’s how it works:
- You must complete the online COVID-19 Vaccination Status form.
- When submitting the form, you must upload your digital vaccination certificate/other proof of your vaccination, or proof of your exemption.
- You’ll receive an automated email reply acknowledging your vaccination status.
- When you’re on campus, you must be able to show this email if asked by an authorised person, Security officer or COVID Marshall.
- You must also check-in using the Service Victoria app and always follow Deakin’s COVIDSafe plan.
- If you’ve previously provided evidence of your vaccination status because you’re doing a placement or approved learning activity, you’ll need to resubmit your digital vaccination certificate via the online form and produce the acknowledgment email on request.
Not yet vaccinated? You can get your jab on campus, so book now.