Enhance your degree and employability with the new Global Citizenship Program
Do you want to develop your skills in areas that are important in the global workplace and community? More than ever, employers are looking for workers who are globally aware, culturally sensitive, and adapt well to new and diverse environments.
We can help! Deakin has relaunched the Global Citizenship Program (GCP), which offers diverse global learning experiences such as:
- international study experiences
- international internships
- foreign language studies
- micro-credential accredited modules
- leadership in clubs/organisations with a global focus.
How it works
View a full list of GCP-endorsed activities on the Deakin Abroad application portal and choose what appeals to you.
Once you’ve completed your global learning experiences, you can apply for a Global Citizenship Award, including our Deakin GCP micro-credential and the option of a further CQAccelerator micro-credential.
Originally launched in 2011, the GCP has recently been enhanced to include:
- UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) module – develop a deep understanding of SDGs and how your actions and decisions can help achieve them
- CQAccelerator Leadership Program and micro-credential – grow cultural competencies through a variety of activities that challenge your cultural perspectives.
- Global Citizenship Award and micro-credential.
The GCP is primarily non-credit bearing, but will solidify your skills and knowledge of what it takes to be a true Global Citizen. So join a community of more than 10,000 students who’ve learnt how to work in global contexts and better understand other cultures.
Learn more about the new GCP or email [email protected] with any questions.