Do you have any T3 exams? You must check your exam timetable and other details
The Trimester 3 exam period isn’t too far away – it will run from Thursday 10 to Friday 18 February 2022. If your units include exams, you must be available to sit them during this timeframe.
Most exams and final assessments will be delivered online through your CloudDeakin unit site. Some courses/units with accreditation requirements also have on-campus exams. If this applies to you, you’ll have received an email to your Deakin email address.
The exam timetable was released on Monday 13 December, and it’s essential that you check to see when your exams are scheduled and that all your information is up to date.
Here’s what you need to do now.
Check your exam details
- Find your individual exam timetable in StudentConnect.
- Check each of your unit sites for details about your exams and final assessments. Each unit will have different requirements, so review the information carefully. We also encourage you to check regularly, as some unit sites will have information added over the coming weeks.
- If you have an Access Plan through the Disability Resource Centre, adjustments will be applied to exams where relevant. Check your Deakin student email and unit site for further information.
Understand how online exams will work
Online exams/assessments may comprise the following options:
- A supervised online exam. Information on how to prepare and sit your exam will be in your CloudDeakin unit site.
- A timed exam. Make sure you log on early with any resources you need so that you can meet the time limits.
- A timed exam available during a 24-hour window. As an example, you may have a two-hour exam and can choose when to start. Remember: once you start your exam, you’ll only have two hours to complete it, and you must finish and submit it before the end of the 24-hour window.
- An exam you download to work on and then return to the site to upload. Permitted working times for these exams should be listed in your unit site (for example, 24, 48 or 72 hours). These exams have strict deadlines – there will be no extensions or allowance for late submissions, so ensure you allow enough time at the end of your exam to upload your work before the submission time finishes.
Confirm your exam location details/time zone are correct
In your exam timetable, we have recorded a ‘Current location’ for you. This must represent the time zone you’ll be in during exams. Most online final assessments will be time-limited and require you to start at the Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) listed in StudentConnect.
If you need to set or change your location for time zone purposes, you can do so until Thursday 13 January without any fee or Thursday 27 January with a fee – no further changes will be possible after this. Please do this as early as possible – updating this information is important for the timing of your exam.
Remember to plan ahead! If you have exams of varying durations and submission times that overlap, these aren’t considered clashes. Exam dates and times won’t be changed.
Start to prepare
Now that you know exactly when your exams will be, you can get prepared by:
- Using our Study Support tools, services and resources. Remember there are limited concurrent licences for some online textbooks, so plan ahead for open-book exams.
- Doing some practice exams using apps like GoConqr or Study Support’s digital study tools.
- Contacting Deakin’s IT Help Desk as soon as possible if you have any technical questions or think you may need IT support.
- Visiting the General exam information page for more information.