Want advice from an experienced student this trimester? Join the Faculty of Health peer mentor program
It’s often said experience is the best teacher, so why not get the most out of uni by learning from a peer mentor who is already studying in your faculty?
Deakin’s peer mentoring programs – in which one experienced student helps another student – can help you settle into university life and equip you with tips and tricks for navigating your area of study.
New to Deakin this trimester?
All Health students commencing this study period are encouraged to join the Faculty of Health Peer Mentor Program.
You will be assigned an experienced student within the same, or a similar, course as yours to guide you through the first five weeks of Trimester 3. During each weekly meeting, your mentor will answer any questions you may have, help you navigate Deakin resources, and let you know about support services and who you should contact for specific help.
The best time to get in touch with a peer mentor is in Week 1, so don’t wait! Register now to meet your peer mentor via the Faculty of Health Peer Mentor Program webpage.
Returning to study in T3?
We’ll also be holding mentor drop-in sessions for all Faculty of Health students. Trimester 3 drop-in sessions will be held on the dates below, via Zoom on CloudDeakin. You do not need to register, just turn up!
- Week 1: Getting Started at Deakin– Thursday 11 November, 12–1pm
- Week 2: Cloud Essentials and Connecting Online at Deakin, Study Skills – Tuesday 16 November, 12–1pm
- Week 3: Assignments and referencing – Tuesday 23 November, 12–1pm
- Week 4: Deakin Services and managing your study-work-life balance – Tuesday 30 November, 12–1pm
- Week 5: Making the most of assignment feedback – Tuesday 7 December, 12–1pm
- Week 7: Study habits and revision techniques – Thursday 6 January, 12–1pm
- Week 9: Preparing for exams – Tuesday 18 January, 12–1pm.
See the Peer Mentor Program webpage for details on how to access recordings of these drop-in sessions if you are unable to join on the day.
Got any questions?
Visit the Faculty of Health webpage or email [email protected].
Enjoy your first few weeks of the trimester!