Meet new people and boost your employability – apply to join the 2022 Health Peer Mentor Program now
The Faculty of Health is currently seeking students for a range of volunteer roles within the Peer Mentor Program for Trimester 1/Semester 1 2022.
What is the Peer Mentor Program?
Beginning university can feel daunting at first. Peer mentors play a critical role in supporting commencing students in their transition to Deakin.
The Faculty of Health Peer Mentor Program matches new Health students with a peer mentor during the first five weeks of their commencement at Deakin. Peer mentors are often matched to students who are studying the same course or similar subjects.
See yourself as a peer mentor?
If you’re interested in acting as a positive influence and role model for new Health students while gaining relevant employment experience to boost your CV, then apply to become a peer mentor today!
As a peer mentor, you will:
- gain real-world experience planning and facilitating mentoring sessions
- become a role model to new students and have a positive impact on their uni experience
- expand your network of contacts and friends within the University
- develop your interpersonal and active listening skills
- access exclusive Student Helping Students (SHS) events and employment opportunities
- gain skills and references for future employability.
Upon completion of the program, all peer mentors will receive a certificate and a letter of commendation – a great look on your CV!
Apply to become a Peer Mentor now.