It’s easy to prove you’re fully vaccinated against COVID-19 – here’s how
**Updated 19 November 2021**
The COVID-19 pandemic has been an immensely challenging time for everyone – but Victoria is not far from achieving the all-important vaccination milestones that will enable us to begin opening up and enjoying a much more normal 2022.
We all want Deakin to be the safest possible environment for study and work. With this in mind, we’re setting out to ensure that Deakin will be a fully vaccinated study and work environment for all staff and students, and we strongly encourage you to get vaccinated as soon as you’re eligible.
Being vaccinated not only helps to protect you, your loved ones and your community, it will also give you access to a much wider range of University activities, including on-campus classes and events.
How to prove you’re vaccinated
There are two ways to show you’re fully vaccinated against COVID-19:
- A COVID-19 digital certificate, which shows proof of only your COVID-19 vaccinations. It’s automatically generated following your second dose of an approved vaccine (currently Pfizer, AstraZeneca or Moderna). You can then easily download it online via your MyGov account or the Medicare app.
- Your immunisation history statement, which lists your COVID-19 vaccinations and all other vaccinations. You can request a digital or paper copy from your vaccine provider or the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR). It can take your vaccination provider up to 10 days to update the AIR.
You’ll still be able to access your digital certificate or immunisation statement even if you have opted out of My Health Record, as the AIR is a separate database.
Saving the COVID-19 digital certificate to your ServiceVictoria app
You can also attach your digital vaccine certificate to the Service Victoria app, which you will already be using to check in to shops and other venues. When you check-in, you’ll get one tick for checking in and another tick that shows your certificate is valid.
Follow the steps in the diagram above:
- Create a myGov account.
- Link your Medicare online account to myGov.
- Download the Medicare app.
- View your immunisation history statement or COVID-19 digital certificate (once you’re fully vaccinated).
- Save your COVID-19 digital certificate to your Apple Wallet or Google Pay.
Then, to complete saving your COVID-19 certificate to your ServiceVictoria app:
- Visit the App or Google Play store to download or update your ServiceVictoria app (this update is essential for the process to work).
- Using the Medicare Express app on your phone, go to your immunisation history statement and select COVID-19 Digital Certificate.
- A prompt will be displayed to share with ServiceVictoria app.
- Follow the prompts to complete the process.
More information is available at ServiceVictoria.
If you don’t have a smartphone
You can also print your COVID-19 digital certificate available on My Health Record.
If you’re not eligible for Medicare
If you’re not eligible for Medicare, you need an Individual Healthcare Identifier (IHI) to access your vaccination status online. You can get an IHI through myGov.
You don’t need an IHI to get vaccinated – only to prove that you’ve been vaccinated.
Vaccination requirements for all students
Read more about Deakin’s vaccination requirements for all students and staff attending a Deakin facility.