Create your T2/2021 timetable by Wednesday 30 June
It’s timetable time! You can now enter your Trimester 2 (T2) preferences in STAR (Student Timetable Allocation and Registration).
But there’s no need to rush – STAR doesn’t allocate any choices until the preference entry period closes at 10am, Wednesday 30 June. So whether you enter your choices early or at the last minute, you have an equal chance of getting your preferred timetable.
In T2, we’ll be continuing with blended study – featuring both on-campus and online learning.
Who needs to create a T2 timetable
- If you’re enrolled in on-campus units, you need a timetable.
- If you’re an on-campus student currently based outside Australia and an online option isn’t available for your activity, please contact your Unit Chair. You can find Unit Chair information in the 2021 University Handbook.
- If you’re enrolled in Cloud online units (shown in StudentConnect delivery mode as ‘Cloud Online’), you don’t need a STAR timetable. To find your online unit information, check your CloudDeakin unit site one week before the start of trimester – from Monday 5 July.
- If you’re enrolled in both Cloud and on-campus units, you only need a STAR timetable for your on‑campus units.
How to create your timetable
- You have nine days to consider your options. When you’re ready, enter your preferences online. Visit the STAR webpage and watch the preference entry video for easy-to-follow instructions.
- At 10am on Wednesday 30 June, the STAR preference entry period closes so that all student timetables can be created.
- From 10am on Thursday 1 July, you can log back into STAR to see your timetable and make adjustments.
How to understand your timetable
Due to blended study in T2, your timetable may have a mixture of on-campus and online activities:
- If you see building and room information in the location column, the activity is on campus.
- If you’re able to come to campus, you should select an on-campus option for that activity.
- If you see ‘ONLINE’ in the location column, the activity is online.
- Some activities will combine both on-campus and online elements.
Where to get help
- You can find other important STAR dates and information on the STAR webpage.
- Contact Student Central with any queries.