Current research projects
- (2021 – 2022) IMCRC project with Speedpanel
- (2017 – 2020) “Low volume production of longitudinal components by combining flexible roll forming and free forming”, sub-project in the ARC Training Centre in Lightweight Automotive Structures.
- (2017 – 2020) “Hot Stamping of Light Alloys”, sub-project in the ARC Training Centre in Lightweight Automotive Structures.
- (2017 – 2019) “Flexible Roll Forming of WISCO High Strength Steels”, BAOSTEEL, CASRI-2016-01.
- (2016 – 2018) “A new bend test to link microstructure with bending behaviour”, Ford Global – University Research Program (URP).
- (2017 – 2019) “Weight and cost reduction by roll forming carbon fiber metal hybrid components”, Ford Poling Challenge Project.
Completed research projects
- (2013 – 2015) China Innovation Project “Advanced High Strength Steel Development and Safe Parts Manufacture Project”: Production of a high strength automotive bumper section by flexible roll forming.
- (2013 – 2015) Ford University Research Project (URP) “Flexible roll forming of automotive structures”: Production of high-strength automotive components by flexible roll forming.
- (2012 – 2015) ARC Linkage Project “Flexible Roll Forming of Advanced High Strength Steel Sheet”.
- (2012 – 2013) AutoCRC 3-105 “Flexible Roll Forming of a Component Section from AHSS”.
- (2008 – 2011) ARC Linkage Project “Design Strategy for Cold Roll Formed Products”.
- (2016 – 2018) ARC Linkage Project ” Micro-roll forming of metal bipolar plates for fuel cells”.
Completed PhD projects
- Analysis and constitutive modelling of high strength Titanium for room temperature roll forming.
- Developing a detailed understanding of web-warping in the flexible roll forming of UHSS.
- In-line shape compensation for roll forming through process parameter monitoring.
- Effect of residual stresses in roll forming process of metal sheets.
- The production of novel structures from high strength and ultrafine-grained sheet metal through roll forming.
- Effect of the microstructure on the unloading characteristics of DP steel.
- The roll forming of magnesium sheet for automotive applications.
- Size dependant material model for micro roll forming of stainless steel foil.
- Fracture model for roll forming martensite steel.