The Writing, Literature and Culture group at Deakin University aims to explore and champion the role of writing, literature and culture in society.
The group works across literary studies, children’s literature, creative writing and gender and sexuality studies, with aligned research hubs and networks:
- Creative Writing and Community Research Cluster
- Gender and Sexuality Studies Research Network
- Literature and its Readers Research Cluster
Staff are also involved in other research groups:
- Alfred Deakin Institute
- Climate Change Narratives and Communication Research Network
- Contemporary Histories Research Group
- Deakin Motion Lab
- Religion, Society and Culture Research Network
We include prize-winning writers and scholars working across a wide range of fields, including poetry to non-fiction, performance, philosophy, ecocriticism, place-making, digital media, anthropology, cultural theory, literature and the sacred, Australian writing, feminism, creative practice, and cross-disciplinary artforms.
*photo courtesy Niklas Ohlrogge, Unsplash