Skip to navigation Skip to content
Mirna Arivalagan, Vanessa White, Kai Crosby, Ibrahim Doruk

15 November 2023

Hear about the amazing opportunities available to Business and Law students

Are you a Faculty of Business and Law student looking to be inspired, network with others and make a positive difference? Keep an eye out for all the amazing opportunities offered through the Business and Law Peer Support and Transition Team!

The Deakin Business School funded four students:  Mirna Arivalagan (Master of Business Analytics), Ibrahim Doruk (Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws), Vanessa White (Bachelor of Commerce) and Kai Crosby (Bachelor of Commerce)

Mirna, Ibrahim, Vanessa and Kai

This year that included the four Deakin Business School students who attended the University Scholars Leadership Symposium in Bangkok, Thailand. There, at the United Nations Centre, they collaborated with like-minded people from around the world, listened to inspirational speakers, attended workshops and participated in community projects on sustainable development. 

Bachelor of Commerce student, Kai Crosby, found that ‘Kindness Day’ during the event, which involved painting a school, ‘was an amazing day, getting the opportunity to give back to a small school community and interact with young students’.

Ibrahim Doruk (Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws) found inspiration in the experience to ‘make a positive change in the world through my actions and that I have the ability to influence other lives for better, regardless of financial situation, status or career level’. Vanessa White (Bachelor of Commerce) also noted that ‘I will be going forth from this conference with the ideology that small changes = big impacts and I will be constantly reminding myself that although I cannot solve world hunger today, nor can I provide world peace by the weekend, I can make constant small changes in my daily life now and see that impact the world in the future’.

‘Attending this symposium has not only broadened our horizons but also expanded our network … the knowledge gained, the inspiring speakers heard, and the connections made will undoubtedly shape our future endeavours as we embark on our journey to make a lasting impact on the world,’ summarised Mirna Arivalagan (Master of Business Analytics).

If you’d like to follow their example, then put yourself out there and get involved! All upcoming opportunities are promoted through the Business and Law Student Peer Mentor Community Microsoft Teams site.

Kindness Day – painting at local school