Register for our Research Training Week Intensive
Researcher Training Week is coming up in the first full week of August, and the library’s Researcher Services Team will be hosting a four-day professional development Intensive covering the latest research methods, tools and analysis.
2019 Researcher Training Week Intensive
Managing and Communicating Your Research
When: 5–8 August, 9.30am–3pm
Where: Deakin Downtown, 727 Collins Street, Docklands, VIC 3008
Accelerate your research with this four-day comprehensive training, hosted by Deakin University Library. Experts from Deakin Research, eResearch, Faculty of Health, Media and Communications, the library’s Research Services Team and trainers from Clarivate and Elsevier are delivering sessions.
By attending this Intensive, you will discover new ways to manage your research and communicate its value to a wider audience. With a keen focus on data management and hands-on learning of new technologies, this program will provide the knowledge you need to approach your research with fresh ideas and a broader perspective.
View our program snapshot below or download the full program PDF for all the details. To register, visit the Research Team’s Eventbrite page.
Monday 5 August – Data Management Intensive
- Understanding your data management plan: completing it with confidence
- Tools for data management: Footprints, RDS, Sync and Share
- Guided session on completing your data management plan
Tuesday 6 August – Research Analytics 1: Web of Science and Writing for Impact
- Web of Science: Citation tracking and impact
- Increase your publications’ impact on a wider audience: a hands-on workshop
- Web of Science: Researcher ID & Publons
Wednesday 7 August – Introduction to Programming with R: a foundation workshop
- Full-day R foundation workshop
Thursday 8 August – Research Analytics 2: Scopus, SciVal, and your Researcher Profile
- Scopus: Citation tracking and impact
- Working session: your metrics profile
- SciVal and metrics