WLC zoom welcome to Academic assistants…

Three of our four academic assistants were at the latest WLC zoom meeting – Ellie Gardner, Zozie Brown and Nicole Hayes. Rachel Fetherston was in process of submitting her PhD…but was there in spirit!

Ellie Gardner – check out further details here.

My interest in the antiheroine figure was originally sparked by watching Breaking Bad—I started to realise that the rules were very different for female characters who acted immorally or ambiguously, whereas the antihero seemed able to act unreservedly and wind up with a powerful redemption arc.

Zozie Brown – check out Zozie’s animation showreel here.

I am a writer and illustrator with a passion for education, English literature and animation. I always strive for perfection in the work I do and I find great satisfaction in helping students reach their full potential.

Nicole Hayes – check out her website here.

PhD student Nicole Hayes has just published The Big One!, the latest instalment of her middle-grade AFL Little Legends series, co-authored with Adrian Beck. She has published extensively in YA, and In 2016, she co-edited an anthology of writing, From the Outer: Footy Like You’ve Never Heard It (Black Inc), with Alicia Sometimes, both of whom form part of the groundbreaking all-female Australian football podcast, The Outer Sanctum.

Rachel Fetherston – her bio is here

Rachel Fetherston is currently a PhD candidate at Deakin University investigating the impact of Australian ecofiction on readers’ environmental attitudes and behaviours. She is also a freelance writer and the publications manager at Remember The Wild.