Mark Rostoks Deakin student – publication success

Bursting Bubbles (Making Adversity Okay)

The ramblings of a complex quadriplegic in quarantine

About the book: This is a diary written from a mini nursing home during the initial COVID-19 lockdowns in Melbourne, Australia. Mark Miljons-Rostoks offers a personal, reflective, and emotional account of a young quadriplegic man searching for meaning amid the global pandemic. Check out the book details on Balboa Press. 

Mark Miljons-Rostoks is an undergraduate writing student at Deakin – his blog Mark my words provides insights and inspiration:

This is my blog and website encompassing all things me. I have many interests, many ambitions and one hell of a back story. I also have a pretty addictive personality, and one where I get obsessed with things from time to time – but I like that. I see it as insatiable curiosity.

He’s described as:  For all things a day-dreamer, a larrikin and an undeniable fighter. Mark advocates for both Adversity and Lyme Disease; and boasts an absolute passion for green living, nutrition and organic foods. The spirited life coach, with prior background in marketing & advertising, now has more recent aspirations that include becoming a published author. 

The Good Men Project also indicates the breadth of his capacities and interests. His bio states in part:

…Now if that’s not enough for this ‘inspiration’, he’s currently at Uni studying Creative Writing and Marketing. Where Consumer behaviour is his passion.
Plus, he’s an ACIM student, an adventurer, and a sneaker collector. It’s almost weird how he has time to deal with all the bullshit at the nursing home he lives in. … 
In this busy world, Mark is one of the rare people who can make others stop, think, and reassess their situation. Usually with gratitude and compassion.

Check out Mark’s post on The Good Men Project: ‘Into the Black Void: have you ever heard doctors discuss if your life is worth saving? from March 2019…

Read more about his spirit and drive in this 2016 feature with The Herald-Sun:

A GUTSY Thornbury resident left a quadriplegic after contracting Lyme disease from a tick bite in Europe has never let hardship get between him and his dreams. ….more here