About the program

Counting on U is an Australian-wide, workplace mental health, and relationship-building intervention, that aims to provide training to business advisors (e.g. accountants, bookkeepers, financial planners, auditors, tax advisors, and insolvency experts) to better support the needs of small-to-medium (SME) business owners.

Business advisors will be offered free training to better support the mental health and financial wellbeing of small-to-medium enterprise (SME) business owners. Training will be conducted online and 5000 participants will be recruited.

To help evaluate the effectiveness of Counting on U, we are also recruiting SME owners to complete three online surveys over 18 months. The first 900 SME business owners who participate will receive a $25 digital Coles-Myer voucher for every survey they complete.

Further information for business advisors

Further information for small and medium business owners

“The Mental Health First Aid program gave me a chance to better understand myself and others. I learnt to be curious, to genuinely listen and not to judge. But most importantly I learnt to help people (with mental health problems)”

Michael Rowe (CA ANZ member)

“…provided me valuable insights into what challenges people with mental health issues face, and different ways to assist them. I will be able to identity both team members and clients that may be having some of these challenges in a more educated way, and hopefully be able to help them sooner.”

Michelle Collins (CA ANZ member)

“…on the whole I think its a very thorough and very relevant program. I learnt a lot from the various training aids and I would want to thank IPA for exposing and training me about Mental Health. It was a good program really and the various SMEs…will definitely benefit

IPA member