Welcome to Students as Partners
Supported through the Office of the Dean of Students, Students as Partners (SaP) at Deakin University is a centrally run suite of programs to support all of our students and staff to experience – and engage in – partnership.
We conceptualise Students as Partners at Deakin as opportunities that embed five principles:
- Reciprocal learning between students and staff
- Recognition of students’ expertise in their lived experiences
- Shared responsibility across stakeholders
- Supporting respect and transparency
- Repositioning students from users to our co-creators
Our Student Partner programs at Deakin University span from equity-first micro-grants for staff to hire student partners to engage in a project, the ‘Students Mentoring Staff’ program, and our thriving Community of Practice.
To find out more about the team, please visit our About Us page.