Welcome to students as partners
Supported through the Office of the Dean of Students, Students as Partners (SaP) at Deakin is a centrally run suite of programs to support all of our students and staff to experience – and engage in – partnership.
We conceptualise SaP at Deakin as opportunities that embed the following 5 principles:
- Reciprocal learning (between students and staff)
- Recognition of students’ expertise in their lived experiences
- Shared responsibility across stakeholders
- Supporting respect and transparency
- Repositioning students as our users to our co-creators
Our programs at Deakin to support partnership span from equity-first micro-grants for staff to hire student partners to engage in a project, the ‘Students Mentoring Staff’ program, and our thriving Community of Practice.
To find out more about the team, please visit our About Us page.