Deakin scholarships are available and provide a living allowance (domestic and international students) and fee waivers (international students only; the fees of domestic students are covered by the Australian Government). The stipend rate is $28,092 (2020 rate).
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit and alignment with University and Faculty strategic goals, and there is strong competition for these scholarships.
The most outstanding students can receive a scholarship top-up of up to $15,000 p.a. Applicants are benchmarked against the applicant characteristics (listed on the individual discipline page) when assessed for scholarship eligibility.
Two scholarship rounds are conducted each year: for Trimester 1 (March) intake and Trimester 2 (July) intake. More information about these submission deadlines can be found in ‘How to apply’.
All successful PhD applicants will receive access to the following support:
- Up to $8,000 to support research activities, including conference attendance
- Up to $2,000 to facilitate post-PhD placement in an academic institution
- Up to $1,500 to support international relocation
- Up to $4,000 to incentivise and reward publishing research in top academic journals
- Access to Faculty research training workshops and seminars
For more information regarding each of the disciplines offered, please visit our Disciplines page.