Create your own origami heart bookmark
Across all of our campus libraries this week we will have instructions and a selection of coloured paper on offer, which you can use to make your very own origami heart bookmark. Simply take a photo of instructions, grab a piece of paper in your favourite colour and away you go!
If you’re at home all you’ll need is a piece of paper roughly 14cm x 7cm in size and to follow the step by step instructions below.
It’s the perfect way to take a quick study break and bonus – it will avoid having to fold the corners of your favourite book to mark the page!
Here are your step by step instructions
- Fold paper in half
- Fold paper in half lengthways
- Unfold the piece of paper once
4. Fold the right side across until it lines up with the fold in the middle
5. Repeat for the left side
6. Flip the paper over an fold the top of the two sides of the paper down
7. Fold each of the corners down – this will create the heart shape
8. Your bookmark is complete!
9. Use it on the corner of your page to mark where you left off.
And remember to snap a photo of your bookmark in action and tag Deakin Library!
October is National Mental Health Month. Check out our book displays at each campus or read our blog for some useful mental health resources.