At Deakin, we’re working together to create a culture of mutual respect and inclusion that ensures everyone feels safe. We’re committed to the prevention of sexual harm and problem behaviour, and to providing compassionate support to those who have experienced these behaviours.
Safer Community is Deakin’s central point of contact for reports and disclosures of sexual harm and family violence. We also respond to reports of concerning behaviour, which includes anything that:
- makes you feel threatened, unsafe or uncomfortable
- makes you worried that someone may be harmed
- just doesn’t feel quite right.
We respond to all reports of problem behaviour and offer support to all parties involved, so please get in touch for information, advice and support:
- Visit the Current Students website to learn more about Safer Community.
- To access support for sexual harm, contact us online, call 03 9244 3734 (9am – 4pm, Monday to Friday) or email [email protected].
- To access support for family violence or problem behaviour, contact us online, call 03 9244 3734 (9am – 4pm, Monday to Friday) or email [email protected].
- Safer Community is not an emergency or crisis response service. If you require immediate response or after-hours assistance on campus, call Deakin Security on 1800 062 579. For off-campus emergencies, call Triple Zero (000).