The Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Education (STEME) Research Group is dedicated to improving the teaching and learning of STEME through research into innovative educational practices.
In a time of rapid growth in knowledge, and in its applications and implications, we aim to develop a deeper strategic knowledge of STEME. We support innovation and change around key contemporary issues in STEME, and hope to make a difference in the preparedness of both children and professionals alike to engage with and respond to these issues.
Our research broadly asks questions relating to:
- The nature of teaching and learning
- Student perceptions and engagement
- Capturing classroom practice
- Teacher learning and innovation
- Partnerships supporting school and teacher practice
- Education for sustainability and social justice
- Rural education and equity
- Mathematical reasoning