Deakin’s Academic Future Leaders program provides an exceptional and unique opportunity for you to study and learn alongside the best emerging academic leaders within the University. This program will challenge your ideas of ethical leadership, ask you to solve the problems of the future and connect with members of the University Executive and Senior Management Group.
Through expert facilitation, partnering with members of senior executive and peer mentoring, you will learn about yourself, your motivations, how to lead others, how to influence others and how to create and plan to successfully pitch your research, teaching and management ideas to the senior executive.
The program costs $5,000 and is covered by your area if your application is successful.
DeakinLead 2020 update
Based on current advice and the changes and challenges that Deakin is currently facing, we have decided to refocus our efforts on supporting Deakin staff and people leaders more broadly in 2020.
We look forward to proceeding with a new version of DeakinLead in 2021. Should you wish to register your interest for future programs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
In the meantime, we will continue to develop a range of virtual workshops, resources and other tools of support for you such as:
In addition, some other useful resources you may wish to access during this time include:
- Benestar My Coach for People Leaders (1:1 free coaching provided to Deakin managers to support them through work challenges involving their team);
- 70 : 20 : 10 Learning Guide; and
- LinkedIn Learning.
Should you wish to discuss the program further please contact Christina Kolar on email@example.com
The program is designed for continuing Level C and D academics at Deakin University who have a strong desire to extend their leadership capabilities and become a future leader of the University.
- Continuing or Fixed Term (greater than 12 months and concluding no sooner than 31 December 2020) Level C or D academic at Deakin University (or by exception as requested by member of Senior Executive)
- Demonstrated academic leadership experience, a desire to develop leadership capabilities and to support other future leaders
- Committed to attend every session of the program in person (not via VMP)
- Received HoS/HoD/Director/Manager endorsement
There will be a maximum of 25 participants selected from across the University in 2020. You can express your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with each Faculty and academic area selecting their best candidates for the program. Participants will receive a status of their application soon after.
- Attendance at 100% of sessions (unless exceptional circumstances)
- Feedback from Executive Panel on your Pitch
$5,000 PER PARTICIPANT