2020 Academic Promotions

Applications for the 2020 Academic Promotions round will open on Wednesday 29 July.

2020 Academic Promotions timeline 

A webinar for potential Academic Promotions applicants will be held on Friday 26 June, 11am – 12pm via BB-Collaborate

Please register your attendance for the webinar here: https://2020-academic-promotions-webinar.eventbrite.com.au

We encourage questions to be submitted prior to ensure we are able to respond accordingly and capture all relevant information. Please forward your questions to academicpromotions@deakin.edu.au by COB Tuesday 23 June.

This webinar has been designed to provide you with valuable information regarding the process of applying for Academic Promotion in 2020. Hosted by Professor Liz Johnson (Deputy Vice Chancellor, Education) and Professor Mark Rose, Pro Vice-Chancellor, Indigenous Strategy and Innovation, the webinar will outline the promotion process, address topics such as the meeting with the promotions committee, and provide guidance on how to develop your applications including evidencing your teaching.

If you are considering applying for academic promotions this year you are encouraged to attend.

If you are interested in applying for academic promotions, the following checklist provides a starting point of actions to consider:

• I have read the information on the Academic Promotions webpages and guidelines.
  • I am familiar with the Minimum Standards and Typical Duties document as a baseline document.
  • I have made a time to meet with my Head of School or equivalent to discuss my intent to apply.
  • I am collating examples to demonstrate my evidence at my current level relative to opportunity.
  • I am updating my list of publications and grants via Elements ensuring I can provide a current and accurate report with my application (How to use Elements)

NEW: Consult the Research Metrics Toolkit – created by the Library to assist researchers to develop their understanding of research impact, focusing on how impact indicators are derived and used.

For Faculty Academic Promotions Committee (FAPC) queries please contact your Executive Officer

For University Academic Promotions Committee (Level E applicants) queries plus all other academic promotions queries please contact academicpromotions@deakin.edu.au.