Learning from others and myself at Deakin

My story begins with a strong need of change and the interest I have always had in English as a second language. It was not easy to make a decision but now I am quite sure it was worth it.

I started my studies in Australia doing a three-month English course at the Deakin University English Language Institute (DUELI). During this time, I had the opportunity to learn not only from others, but also from myself. Learning everyday about other cultures and being an example of my own culture is challenging but gratifying at the same time.

My DUELI English classmates and teacher sharing food from different countries

As an international student, you have a great responsibility being an ambassador from your own country. This is why I decided to join the DUELI Leadership Program. This was the best moment to demonstrate how amazing Latin Americans are, and of course to improve my English skills since you get easily involved in many activities.

Once I completed the English course, I decided to enrol in the Master of Information Systems at Deakin University as I strongly believe in the relevance of information in every organisation.

Once I completed the English course, I decided to enrol in the Master of Information Systems at Deakin University as I strongly believe in the relevance of information in every organisation. The course is full of responsibilities and challenges, but I have had the best time with my classmates and teachers.

Throughout my studies, I really enjoyed being a part of the Deakin community, so much so that I chose to become a member of the Master of Information Systems Student Council, which allowed me to strengthen my communication skills even more.

But studies aside, this experience would not be so exciting if I did not interact with the Aussie life! Melbourne is one of the most beautiful places in the world, full of activities and breathtaking landscapes to enjoy in all four seasons. There are so many different birds to see, the GREAT Ocean Road, the unforgettable kangaroo encounters, a variety of markets, food, music… and I could keep going.

The Australian Grand Prix - an exciting experience

The Australian Grand Prix – an exciting experience

Melbourne’s diversity is incredible. International students, you are not going to find another multicultural city like Melbourne, in which a simple social event can contain up to ten nationalities at the same time.

I have now graduated and am ready for new and exciting things!

One of the most important days of my life - graduating from my Master of Information Systems

One of the most important days of my life – graduating from my Master of Information Systems