Thanks for the good times, Australia!

A new chapter of my life started in October last year, when I landed in Melbourne on a sunny October morning. When I first came here to pursue my double-degree in Master of Business Administration (International)/Master of Professional Accounting, I only had a vague idea of what I would do after graduating.

I first came to Australia with a plan to further my education and obtain more knowledge in my chosen fields, but it is not the only thing I have learned over the past year. I have also learnt to live independently, to voice and defend my own opinions, to know to show apologies and gratefulness at the right moment, and above all, to share compassion with strangers.

I have also learnt to live independently, to voice and defend my own opinions, to know to show apologies and gratefulness at the right moment, and above all, to share compassion with strangers.

Throughout my studies, Deakin has been encouraging and supportive. It is a welcoming place for international students, and both the University and the Faculty of Business and Law have provided me with assistance to do well in my studies. The University has offered mentorship programs and academic support, both services that help to make the move to Australia more comfortable for international students.

Deakin has been encouraging and supportive. It is a welcoming place for international students.

Despite the fantastic time I have had in Australia, I have decided that after completing my course, I will return home to my family in Vietnam. Australia is a wonderful, multicultural and open-minded country, and it provides so many opportunities for careers and a terrific standard of living. Since the first day I arrived, Australia has welcomed me and treated me well, but my family, my friends and other people I care about are all in Vietnam, and I have discovered through my travels that Vietnam is where I truly belong.

Looking forward to see my sister again (pictured on the right)

Despite my plans to return home, I really do love Australia, especially Melbourne! I have seen and enjoyed so many things since the first day I got here; the vast clear sky glistening with stars in the night, numerous large parks covered in green grass and beautiful trees, mountains coated in snow during winter, touching kangaroos, koalas and many other animals for the very first time, great food and drinks from different countries around the world. Those are things that I had never experienced before I came here.

I still have plenty of time in Australia before my study finishes. I will try to value and cherish every moment I have left so that in the future when I look back, I can always think that coming to Australia as one of the greatest things has ever happened to me.