The Buddy Program is designed to help Study Abroad & Exchange students settle in and find their way around Deakin University and the home cities of our campuses.
Every trimester hundreds of students from around the world come to Deakin University to begin their study abroad or exchange experience.
The Buddy Program is conceived to give international students the opportunity to meet their local peers, while exposing current Deakin students to many different cultures. This initiative is led by the Global Student Mobility staff.
What does the Buddy Program do?
The Buddy Program is designed to help Study Abroad & Exchange (SA&E) students settle in and find their way around Deakin University and Melbourne, Geelong and Warrnambool.
The program is designed to:
- help create a supportive network for SA&E students who are about to arrive in Australia
- offer SA&E students friendly, practical and competent assistance upon arrival
- answer questions SA&E students might have about Deakin University and the Australian culture and lifestyle
- actively assist SA&E students to settle in post-arrival
- encourage local students to interact with international peers, and discover different cultures, languages and traditions.
Buddies are students who have an interest in studying abroad and travelling, know their way around Deakin University and love meeting new people and making new friends from different parts of the world.
To find out more about the program, contact the Buddy Program leader at email@example.com.
Interested in an international experience?
If you wish to study overseas or to be involved in an international experience, you might consider:
- a Study Abroad and Exchange experience
- going on Faculty led study tour
- participate in an international short term program
- participate in an iinternational internship program
- volunteering with Deakin.
All the experiences listed above will earn you points toward the Global Citizenship Program.