July 13, 2021
The Library is trialing Statista until 31 July 2021. We’d appreciate if you would take a look at it and let us know what you think. You can access it at the trial databases and new electronic resources page (under Multidisciplinary) Statista is a collection of statistics and industry reports, with a focus on a range of different industries and countries around the world. Whilst there is lots of content relating to Marketing and Media and Communications, I’d encourage you to take a look, to see if there is relevant content you can use. You can check out this video to learn more about Statista: http://www.statista.com/statistic-portal/#tutorial
Statista is a database consists of market data of more than 600 industries. Provides access to relevant data from numerous source and provides with a list of statistics, studies and reports relating to a search request within a matter of seconds. Statista provides users with an innovative and intuitive tool for researching quantitative data, statistics and related information. The product is aimed at business clients and academics of any size
We had a trial in 2015 but would like to see if the content had improved. This is an expensive database and so will need detailed feedback to support a purchase case. I’d appreciate your thoughts and evaluation on this resource.
Some interesting facts and Infographics our librarians retrieved from Statista!
- As of February 2021, Melbourne had the highest number of Bitcoin ATMs in Australia with 11 ATMs (in Statista).
- As of April 2021, India has the highest number of Facebook users with more than 330 million users who access their account at least once a month (in Statista).
- As of June 2021, the most followed person on Facebook was Portuguese Soccer player Cristiano Ronaldo with more than 122.8 million followers (in Statista).
- In 2019 the most profitable household appliance company was the Whirlpool Corporation which made more than 20.4 billion US dollars in revenue (in Statista).
- In 2021 more than 474 million people watched eSport (in Statista).
Please provide feedback to Sharon Chua, [email protected]
You must be logged in to post a comment.