Note: New events and sessions are regularly added.
Faculty of Business and Law – New Academic and Sessional Staff Induction to Teaching and Learning 2017
OBJECTIVE: To welcome and orientate new Academic and Sessional Staff to teaching and learning at Deakin; including information on strategic teaching and learning priorities, key contacts, resources and capacity building with teaching in the Cloud and located learning spaces.
- University Teaching and Learning Strategy and Priorities
An overview of the University’s Student Learning and Experience Plan 2017 – 2020
- Teaching in Business and Law
Faculty initiatives and priorities in teaching and learning.
- Student eVALUation
Making use of student evaluations. How to access your evaluations and how you should interpret and respond to the feedback
- Key Teaching and Learning technologies in Business and Law
An overview of the various technologies used for delivery, assessment and feedback across the Faculty.
- Where to get help?
Help is available on all aspects of teaching, assessment and feedback from the Faculty’s Learning Innovations team and colleagues from DLF, eSolutions and the Library.
Date and Time: Monday 20th February 2017 10:30am-12:30pm. Event starts at 10:30am with morning tea from 10:00am.
Location: Burwood LB2.101
CloudDeakin and Digital Technologies
CloudDeakin: Designing and Teaching in Unit Sites
- Wednesday 15th February 2017 10am to 12noon at LB2.301 (Telstra Trading Room) (Elgar Road) – Burwood
- Wednesday 22nd February 2017 3pm to 5pm at LB5.208 Burwood (Elgar Road)
- Thursday 23rd February 2017 11am to 1pm at AD2.308 Waterfront
- Wednesday 1st March 2017 1:00pm to 3:00pm at LB2.301 (Telstra Trading Room) (Elgar Road) – Burwood
Blackboard Collaborate: Your Cloud Classroom
- Thursday 23rd February 2017 10am to 11am at Online
- Wednesday 1st March 2017 11am to 12noon at Online
- Tuesday 7th March 2017 11am to 12noon at Online
Skype for Business: Your Cloud Classroom
- Friday 24th February 2017 2:00pm to 3:00pm at Online
- Thursday 2nd March 2017 11:00am to 12:00noon at Online
We have organised a number of days with our digital video producers from Deakin Learning Futures at Burwood (Elgar Rd) and Waterfront campuses leading into the trimester to provide DBS and DLS staff with video support services.
Note: at time of booking, please indicate what type of video support you are after:
- Shoot Welcome Video
- Setup equipment and office for self-recording
- Video editing support
- Burwood (Elgar Rd)
- Monday 13th February 9:30am to 4:00pm – bookings through email@example.com
- Tuesday 14th February 10:00am to 4:00pm – bookings through Sharon Berman, DLF BL Pod Team
- Monday 20th February 9:30am to 4:00pm – bookings through firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday 27th February 9:30am to 4:00pm – bookings through email@example.com
- Monday 6th March 9:30am to 4:00pm – bookings through firstname.lastname@example.org
Teaching and Learning Spaces
Learning Spaces – Class and Seminar Rooms
- Tuesday 21st February 2017 10:00am to 11:00am at LB2.207 (LT14) and LB2.100 – Burwood (Elgar Rd)
- Waterfront – To be confirmed
- Tuesday 28th February 2017 3:00pm to 4:00pm at LB2.207 (LT14) and LB2.100 – Burwood (Elgar Rd)
Learning Spaces – Telstra Trading room
- Tuesday 21st February 2017 11:00am to 12:00noon at LB2.301 (Telstra Trading Room) (Elgar Road) – Burwood
- Tuesday 28th February 2017 2:00pm to 3:00pm at LB2.301 (Telstra Trading Room) (Elgar Road) – Burwood
Learning Spaces – Inclusive, collaborative and converged (campus and cloud) learning – LB2.101 (Elgar Road)
- Tuesday 21st February 2017, 1:00pm to 3:00pm, at LB2.101 Burwood (Elgar Road) and Cloud
- Tuesday 28th February 2017, 10:00am to 12:00noon at LB2.101 Burwood (Elgar Road) and Cloud
Contextualised Constructive Alignment: An Overview
- Tuesday 14th March 2017 10:00am to 11:00am at VMP: 39301 and LB3.210 Burwood (Elgar Road) – BurwoodPractical tips and strategies for giving student feedback
- Wednesday 15th March 2017 12:00pm to 1:00pm at VMP: 39311 and LB5.201 Burwood (Elgar Road) – Burwood
Team Work and Peer Assessment (DGLO7)
- Tuesday 14th March 2017 12:00pm to 1:00pm at VMP: 39323 and LB3.210 Burwood (Elgar Road) – Burwood
Outcome-focused Rubric Design: An Overview of the New Normal
- Wednesday 15th March 2017 10:00am to 11:00am at VMP: 39311 and LB5.201 Burwood (Elgar Road)
BCEL Digital Learning Department of Economics Session
- Monday 20th February 2017 1pm to 4pm at LB2.101 (Elgar Road) – Burwood
Learning Innovations – who we are and what we do
Deakinsync and CloudDeakin – What’s New?
Overview of designing and teaching in CloudDeakin unit sites
- CloudDeakin Minimum standards for Course and Unit sites
- Managing learning resources
- Managing Assignment dropboxes, grades, rubrics, feedback, Quizzes, and Turnitin
- Engaging students by using Intelligent agents, selective release and strings
Tracking user progress
Producing and managing videos: DeakinAir
- Producing and publishing welcome videos, video resources and student video assessment
- Unit and course DeakinAir video channels
Learning Spaces and Classroom capture technologies
- Familiarising with various common learning spaces including AV, AMX panel and link with EchoSystem
- Managing Echo in CloudDeakin
- Introducing Echo live streaming
Cloud Synchronous tools
- Introducing sessions available for BbC and Skype for Business
Want a customised session to any of the above?
In addition to the above programs and sessions, Faculty Learning Innovations can provide customised sessions as when required by the School, course and unit teams. Contact Dr Leanne Ngo (924 68186) to discuss your requirements.