|Learning Innovations BCEL Program
Event and sessions include BCEL, BLER@D and others across the University.
· You can previous and upcoming events using the search field
· You can events and sessions by list, day and month
- This event has passed.
BCEL Outcome-focused Rubric Design: An Overview of the New Normal
July 18 @ 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
This session introduces staff to the design of an outcome-focused analytical rubric for the purpose of assessing learning outcomes. Participants are provided with an overview of how to create an outcome-focused marking rubric, how it supports Assurance of Learning (AoL) process and how to deal with the challenges that comes with it. Participants will also have an opportunity to evaluate an outcome-focused marking rubric.
*This session is suitable for all teaching staff involved in designing an effective marking rubric.
By completing this session you will be able to:
- Appraise how an outcome-focused rubrics can be used as an effective way of providing evidence for AoL.
- Design outcome-focused marking rubrics using a systematic approach
- Articulate key elements of marking rubric design
- Write criteria
- Write descriptors
- Write varying levels of descriptors
- Provide useful feedback
- Evaluate if your marking rubric design has been successful
- Understand the tips and tricks for effectively marking using online rubric
- Formulate strategies to deal with the challenges of designing effective outcome-focused rubrics
- Self-evaluate the effectiveness of the outcome-focused rubric.
Please note: For customised small group or one-on-one sessions please contact Dr. Bhavani Sridharan (Bhavani.email@example.com) to arrange a suitable time.