On 12 November, Deakin University was presented with a gold award in Best Launch/Refresh (Charity) at the 2019 Workplace Giving Excellence Awards. This is the fourth year of the Awards, organised by Workplace Giving Australia, where Australia’s leading companies across business, education and service, are recognised for their innovative workplace giving programs and commitment to creating a national culture of giving.
A prestigious panel of independent experts, chaired by The Australian Centre for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies evaluated the entries. Some of the categories were very competitive, with the judging panel—chaired by Associate Professor Wendy Scaife—undertaking significant consultation to agree on the finalists and eventual winners.
Gold Awards were presented to:
- Best Overall Program: King & Wood Mallesons
- Best Launch / Refresh (Employer): EnergyAustralia
- Best Launch / Refresh (Charity): Deakin University
- Best Pro Bono/Workplace Volunteering: PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Best Public-Sector Program: Australia Post
- Most Unique Innovation: JB Hi-Fi
- Most Innovative Charity / Employer Partnership: Rural Aid with Australia Post
‘We want to thank our Deakin colleagues for all they’ve done to earn this award: as workplace givers, as advocates for equitable access to higher education, helping us put the Deakin GIVE program in place and keeping it running – it’s a team effort. We’re so proud that Deakin GIVE has received this recognition.’ Malissa Gough, Central Gifts Manager