Employment opportunity: get paid to help deliver student programs and services!
Would you like to be on the front line of delivering awesome Orientation, social, health and wellbeing, and graduation events for other Deakin students – and get paid at the same time?
Here’s your chance to apply for a casual paid role as a Student Experience Ambassador or Student Experience Officer. You’ll help to ensure that all Deakin students have a great experience at uni – from the start of their journey during Orientation to the culmination of it all – graduation!
In these roles, you’ll provide logistical and administrative support for events and programs, engage with your peers, and build your leadership and communication skills – all while sharing your knowledge of Deakin with other students.
The Student Experience program is part of Deakin’s Students as Partners framework and approach.
Student Experience Ambassadors
As a Student Experience Ambassador, which is paid at a HEW1 level, you’ll:
- help new students to make a successful start to life at Deakin by supporting the delivery of both online and on-campus Orientation activities
- support the delivery of student engagement initiatives, including on-campus and online events and activations
- provide administrative support within Student Central Hubs during peak times as required
- be involved in focus groups, design workshops, planning committees and other partnership activities to help create, deliver and evaluate student engagement initiatives and programs
- provide other administrative and logistical support as required.
Read the full Student Experience Ambassador job description.
Student Experience Officers
As a Student Experience Officer, which is paid at a HEW3 level, you’ll:
- provide administrative and logistical support to events
- coordinate delivery of student engagement initiatives, including on-campus and online events and activations
- lead Student Experience Ambassador tasks at Orientation and other events or activities
- co-create, co-design and help to deliver campaigns, programs and activities
- complete other duties as directed by staff.
Read the full Student Experience Officer job description. To apply for this role, you’ll also need a minimum credit average.
Who we’re looking for
You’re a current Deakin student who’s completed at least six units of study and will be continuing with your studies until at least August 2024. You’re enthusiastic, approachable, motivated and reliable, with strong communication and interpersonal skills. You have good knowledge of Deakin’s campuses and services.
For either role, you’ll need to commit to a minimum 12-month term, with positions available at all our campuses. Casual work opportunities fluctuate and will peak during the University’s key intake periods. Occasionally, you may need to work during evening or weekend events. A current Working with Children Check is essential.
Find out more and apply now
Interested? Applications for both roles are open until Friday 7 July – so apply online now to be a Student Experience Officer or Student Experience Ambassador.
If you’d like to be considered for both roles, please submit two separate applications. Good luck!