Support your fellow students and gain valuable experience: become a ArtsEd Peer Mentor today!
We’re currently seeking ArtsEd students for a range of volunteer mentor roles within the Peer Mentor Program for Trimester 2, 2023.
What is the Peer Mentor Program and why should I join?
Beginning university can feel daunting at first. Peer mentors play a critical role in supporting commencing students in their transition to Deakin.
The Faculty of ArtsEd Peer Mentor Program matches new ArtsEd students with a peer mentor during the first five weeks of their commencement at Deakin. Peer mentors are often matched to students who are studying the same course or similar subjects.
Being a mentor in the ArtsEd Peer Mentoring program will help you develop and demonstrate your transferable skills in preparation for your future career, while giving you the rewarding experience of supporting another student on their path to success.
See yourself as a peer mentor?
If you’re interested in acting as a positive influence and role model for new ArtsEd students while also gaining relevant employment experience to boost your CV, then apply to become a peer mentor today!
As a peer mentor, you will:
- gain real-world experience planning and facilitating mentoring sessions
- become a role model to new students and have a positive impact on their uni experience
- expand your network of contacts and friends within the University
- develop your interpersonal and active listening skills
- access exclusive Student Helping Students (SHS) events and employment opportunities
- gain skills and references for future employability.
Upon completion of the program, all peer mentors will receive a certificate which will help you stand out to future employers, and multiple ongoing professional development and advancement opportunities as a part of ArtsEd Peer Network.
Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity to develop transferable skills and make a positive impact on the Deakin community. Apply now to become an ArtsEd Peer Mentor!