Skip to navigation Skip to content
Res students sitting on Union Green lawn at Waurn Ponds Campus

27 April 2023

Make uni memorable: come live on campus in Trimester 2!

With Trimester 1 now drawing to a close, hopefully you’re feeling settled at uni and comfortable in your study routine. But how would you like to enhance your Deakin experience even further in Trimester 2? Nothing beats living on campus – and applications are now open!

What we offer

Deakin Res is a unique residential environment that’s so much more than just a comfy bed in a safe building. Each campus features a variety of accommodation options, from state-of-the-art contemporary student housing to traditional village living. There’s single- and mixed-gender options, studio and shared configurations, amazing communal facilities, and different lease lengths and pricing.

Explore accommodation options and facilities at BurwoodGeelong Waurn PondsGeelong Waterfront and Warrnambool.

Why you should make the move

Fun fact: students who live on campus are more likely to achieve higher grades than their peers! But there’s a bunch of other good reasons to live on campus too:

But don’t just take our word for it! Here’s what Harshit Balhara, a resident at Waurn Ponds, has to say about life on campus. Harshit joined the Deakin Res community in his second year of uni for independence, convenience and to meet new people.

In my first year it was pretty hard to maintain a work-study-life balance as I didn’t have many people I could talk to and go out with … I’ve seen a major change ever since I moved here. I felt so annoyed at myself for missing this in first year and being a part of such an amazing community. One should definitely try Res and get the experience at least once.

How to apply

Applications for T2, 2023 are now open and it’s simple to apply. Our step-by-step guide will tell you everything you need to know and help you through the process. 

Spots are filling fast, so don’t delay!

We’ve also got short-stay options

Think you might need somewhere to stay during a placement or intensive at another campus? We offer short-stays in fully self-contained rooms at all our campuses, with wonderful amenities, convenient locations and budget-friendly rates.