Skip to navigation Skip to content
Students in DUSA merchandise at Burwood Campus

21 March 2023

Meet Georgie, your 2023 DUSA President

Welcome Georgie Brimer, your new Deakin University Student Association (DUSA) President!

Georgie and the DUSA Student Council are your elected student representatives who are actively involved with the University on all matters relating to students. They are here to help create a welcoming and enjoyable culture for all students at Deakin.

Whether you realise it or not, your Student Council regularly advocates on your behalf to improve your uni experience. They have successfully lobbied for important changes to formal policies (such as changing the census, late withdrawal and international student withdrawal dates) and other amenities related to making your day-to-day life as a student easier (such as lobbying for parking permit refunds). 

Here, Georgie tells us a little about herself.

2023 DUSA President Georgie BrimerHi! My name is Georgie and I’m your 2023 DUSA President!

I got involved in DUSA in my first year of university. When I first started at Deakin, I wanted university to not only be an academic experience but also a social experience, and I wanted the opportunity to get involved in university culture and learn things that couldn’t be learned in a classroom.

I became Burwood Clubs and Societies Representative in 2020. I was determined to reach out to clubs and see what support they needed during COVID-19 and lockdowns.

Even though 2020 was a difficult year, I enjoyed helping run online events. I really wanted students to have some semblance of a uni social life and an opportunity to meet other students.

In 2021, I became a Student Councillor. In this role I got the opportunity to travel to all the different Deakin campuses for a range of events, and also started up the DUSA Talks podcast.

In 2022, I became the General Secretary. This gave me the experience of being in more of a leadership and support role, supporting all the campus committees and reps across the campuses.

Being involved in DUSA has taught me so much. I’m excited to bring my experience to the role of President!

Please feel free to reach out to me. I’d love to hear from you whether you’re having any issues while at uni, if you’re interested in getting involved in DUSA, or if you just want to say hi 🙂

You can also contact your student representatives through [email protected].

Join DUSA today!

Everything we do at DUSA goes straight back into creating the best possible student experience for you. Sign up for a Gold membership and and get yourself an iconic DUSA hoodie! If Gold’s not for you, check out one of our other affordable yearly memberships. Plus, when you purchase a DUSA membership you are eligible to enter our Qatar Airways competition to win two return airfares for you and a friend! Terms and conditions apply.

Join DUSA and let us help you create amazing and unforgettable memories throughout your time at Deakin! To say thanks, when you join us we’ll also give you a membership pack full of goodies!

2023 DUSA Membership Packs

So what are you waiting for? Join online now and stay up-to-date on the latest student action by following @yourdusa on Instagram and Facebook.

Edited version of profile originally published on DUSA.org.au.