Can you take out the 2023 postgraduate Bowater Business Challenge?
Attention postgraduate business and law students! Want to develop your problem-solving skills, employability and industry networks? Then the Deakin Bowater Business Challenge (DBBC) is for you!
Working in teams of four, students will research and develop a presentation on the future of a selected industry. Brought to you by the OMI Group, this year’s DBBC theme is ‘OMI Group: Successful chain of premium Asian cuisine looking at growth of customer segments in Australia’.
The Bowater Trust is kindly providing a $5000 prize pool:
- first prize: $2000
- second prize: $1500
- third prize: $1000
- fourth prize: $500.
Interested? Here’s how it works
The DBBC is open to all postgraduate business and law students enrolled for Trimester 1, 2023. If you’re an undergraduate student and like the sound of this competition, stay tuned – there will be a Bowater Business Challenge for undergraduate students later in the year.
You can enter as a team of up to four people or as an individual. If any groups don’t have the required four members, we’ll assign individual entrants to those teams.
- Tuesday 28 March: applications close.
- Wednesday 29 March: confirmation of teams.
- Tuesday 4 April, 10am – 12pm: Zoom briefing session.
- Monday 1 May, 1–5pm: registered teams compete in the virtual Preliminary Round, where a University panel will rank each team’s 10-minute presentation.
- Wednesday 3 May: four finals teams announced and assigned an academic mentor.
- Tuesday 9 May, 12pm: site visit to OMI.
- Thursday 18 May: Challenge Final in person at Burwood Campus.
Remember: winning teams will score cash prizes and you might even impress a potential employer!
Applications and more information
Hurry – applications close on Tuesday 28 March. Apply online now.
Need more info or have a question? Email [email protected] or visit the Deakin Bowater Business Challenge webpage.