Skip to navigation Skip to content
Street shot in Jakarta

8 March 2023

Intern in Indonesia this winter break with a $3000 study grant!

Want to combine some real-life work experience with overseas travel? Apply to do an international internship in Jakarta, one of the fastest growing capital cities in Southeast Asia, during the inter-trimester break.

Deakin Abroad can help you secure a rewarding internship in your area of interest. You’ll gain valuable international work experience and help you to build the foundations of an exciting and dynamic career.

This internship program is open to students from all disciplines and you don’t need any Indonesian language skills.

Even better, eligible domestic undergraduate students can apply for one of 20 x $3000 New Colombo Plan (NCP) grants to help get you there! Deakin unit fees still apply.

How it works

You need to be in at least your second year of study and have a WAM above 60. You can choose from a range of units, but make sure you check eligibility for credit with your faculty Work Integrated Learning team.

We’ll help you prepare before you depart. On arrival, you’ll have a thorough orientation and meet other interns and local students. You’ll be accompanied to work on the first day and be invited to networking events and capacity-building opportunities, including one-on-one sessions to help you position yourself to take advantage of opportunities in the region.

The work given to you will be based on your skills and agreed role in the organisation. At the conclusion of your placement, you’ll give a presentation attended by your managers.

Why you should apply

Here’s what former student Nushara Gunawardene said about the program:

Doing the internship program in Indonesia with International Internships was one of the best things I’ve ever done! The internship placement was well suited to my interests and studies, and the host did everything they could to make it a really positive experience. I got exposure to the industry, participated in networking events, developed business knowledge, and learned about politics in Indonesia. All this helped me to achieve my goal of working out what I want to do with my life.

Applications close on Sunday 19 March, so find out more and apply now.