How to access and understand your Trimester 3 results (and get help if needed)
Your Trimester 3 results will be available on StudentConnect from 10.30am on Thursday 2 March.
To take the stress out of waiting, you can register to receive your results straight to your phone via SMS – they’ll be sent from 10am on the day of release. To register ahead of time, follow the steps below.
- Go to your ‘Contact details’ screen in StudentConnect.
- Select the ‘Edit’ button next to the ‘Would like your results sent to your mobile’ field.
- Click to fill the ‘Yes’ checkbox, then select ‘Save’ to confirm the change.
- Check that you have your current mobile number listed in the ‘Mobile phone’ field, which you’ll find under ‘Postal address’.
You only need to register once to receive results for the duration of your enrolment at Deakin.
Here’s what to do if you need any help after you receive your results.
I’m having trouble understanding my results
The Result release webpage has more information, including our Results key, which explains what the results represent, and Results FAQ.
If you still have questions, just contact Student Central.
My results aren’t what I expected
While it’s exciting to receive great results, occasionally your grades may be disappointing – but please don’t panic! It happens sometimes and you have options.
1. Get expert advice
If you have questions or concerns, it’s best to speak to your Unit Chair or Unit Coordinator. You can find their details in your online unit site through CloudDeakin.
Not sure if you can graduate with your results or need to discuss your options? One of our friendly Student Advisers can:
- help you to understand your results
- explain how to apply for a Pass Conceded or Supplementary Assessment, if you’re eligible
- offer advice on extending your confirmation of enrolment (CoE) if required or other issues
- give you information about further support.
2. Request a review of your results
If you think your work wasn’t appropriately marked according to the criteria, or your marks weren’t added up correctly to obtain your final grade, you can apply for a review of your results. You’ll need to provide evidence to justify your request and apply within five working days from the date of official notification of unit results.
I’ve applied for a course transfer
We’ll assess applications for a course transfer after results are released. Allow up to five business days after release to receive the outcome of your application.
I’m in my final study period
After results are released, we review and confirm the graduation status of all eligible students. This usually takes between three and five business days. If you’re deemed eligible, your course status in StudentConnect will change to ‘Completed’.
You don’t need to order your free digital Academic Transcript – it will be issued to you one to two business days after you’ve been deemed eligible. You’ll also receive your free testamur and Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement once you graduate.
Graduating nursing and midwifery students: You’ll receive an email confirmation from the School of Nursing and Midwifery with a reference number when your results are finalised and sent to the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). Registration with AHPRA can take up to 15 business days.
I need support
If you’re upset or worried after receiving your results, help is here:
- Chat to a Deakin counsellor about how you’re feeling – free appointments are available to all students located in Australia. If you’re overseas, contact our Student Assistance Program.
- Visit our Ask Counselling blog, which contains anonymous questions asked by Deakin students and answered by our counsellors.
- Contact one of Deakin’s multifaith chaplains, who offer compassionate support to everyone, whether religious or not.
Good luck with your results! But please remember there’s more to life than grades, so be kind to yourself no matter how you perform.