Thinking about living on campus? It’s never been more affordable!
If you’re looking for ways to get the most out of your time at uni while sticking to a budget, consider living on campus in Trimester 1, 2023!
Deakin Res is a unique residential environment that’s so much more than just a comfy bed in a safe building. From the convenience and awesome facilities to the instant friendships, you’ll be able to fully immerse yourself in the Deakin experience.
And, best of all, living on Res has never been more affordable! Res living can give you peace of mind in that you’ll have fixed fees which include your all your amenities such as internet access, water, gas and electricity. With no surprise bills to worry about, you can kick back and focus on what matters – your studies and meeting new pals!
Living on campus has lots of other perks
- Deeper friendships: Our tailored living options, peer support and extended transition program will help you form strong friendships and feel a sense of belonging. You’ll make friends for life while living on campus!
- Better academic performance: Did you know students who live on campus can expect to achieve higher grades? Residents have been proven to consistently outperform non-residents.
- Personalised support: Our Residential Leaders (RLs) know what it’s like to live on campus and are here to give you a warm welcome and help you settle in. Along with our expert Campus Life staff, RLs also help to manage any issues to do with student safety, welfare or behaviour.
- More time and convenience: Like to sleep in? Living on campus means you can walk to your classes in around five minutes. You’ve also got direct access to some of the most important university facilities and support services – most notably the library, gym, medical and counselling centres, and some of the best coffee going around! It’s also a breeze to explore the local area, as each of our campuses is well connected to public transport.
- An easy lifestyle: Forget the hassle of finding housemates and organising rental accommodation – everything is ready when you arrive. Each accommodation precinct includes study rooms, laundries, bike storage, a movie room, common rooms, pool tables, outdoor spaces and communal BBQs. Our team also ensures your home is always maintained to a comfortable standard. And the free wi-fi is amazing!
- 24-7 customer service and security: You’ll always have direct access to an on-site staff member to provide an immediate response in cases such as a lockout or during more serious emergencies.
- Diverse cultural and social activities: Do you like photography? Drama? Sports? Singing? We’ve got it all covered. Our Campus Life team and RLs run a variety of small and large events on and off campus.
- Student leadership opportunities: If you return to live on campus for your second or third year, you’ll have the chance to become an RL. You’ll have the opportunity to help others and meet more friends – plus it’ll look great on your CV.
Sound good to you? Apply now!
Applications for T1, 2023 are now open and it’s simple to apply. Our step-by-step guide will tell you everything you need to know and help you through the process.
Spots are filling fast, so don’t delay!
We’ve also got short-stay options
Think you might need somewhere to stay during a placement or for a short trip to another campus? We offer short-stays in fully self-contained rooms at all of our campuses, with wonderful amenities, convenient locations and budget-friendly rates.
So avoid the hassle of searching through hotel or Airbnb listings and check out these awesome stress-free alternatives.