Love sport? Apply now to become a 2023 Deakin Sport Ambassador!
Want to help us promote what sports are on offer to other students this year?
Applications are now open for the 2023 Deakin Sport Ambassador Program, which aims to increase awareness of, and participation in, sport across Deakin.
But you don’t have to be an elite athlete to be one of our Ambassadors – we want students from a variety of fields and with a range of skills.
How it works
As a Sport Ambassador, you’re appointed for 12 months on a volunteer basis to use your talents in sport management, event management, coaching, photography, videography, communications, marketing, journalism, sports training, officiating and first aid.
Throughout 2023, you’ll have the opportunity to help with promotional events, Come & Try sport sessions, on-campus events, club activities and representative sport activities.
The following roles are available:
- Sport Ambassador (Event Coordinator): sport and event management.
- Sport Ambassador (Media/Communications): photography, videography, communications, marketing and journalism.
- Sport Ambassador (Support Personnel): coaches, sports trainers, officials and first aid officers.
To apply, you must be:
- a currently enrolled Deakin student
- able to attend a training/development day (currently scheduled for Wednesday 8 February).
Why you should give it a go
The program is a great way for you to gain some practical experience in your chosen field, while also helping to develop the Deakin sporting community.
To say thanks for your time and expertise, we offer our amazing volunteers some discounts and freebies – like movie tickets; gift vouchers; cheaper rates on DUSA products, trips and tours; free events and discounts on University sport events. You’ll also look the part in your snazzy Sport Ambassador uniform!
How to apply
Find out more and apply on the DUSA website.