Meet new people and boost your employability – become a Health Peer Mentor in 2023
Uni can feel daunting at first, so it’s important to help new students make a positive start. Peer Mentors play a critical role in supporting commencing students in their transition to Deakin, and we’re seeking Faculty of Health students for these volunteer roles in Trimester 1, 2023.
What is the Peer Mentor Program?
The Faculty of Health Peer Mentor Program matches new Health students with a Peer Mentor during their first five weeks at Deakin. Peer Mentors are often matched to students who are studying the same course or similar subjects.
You’ll be responsible for things like scheduling and attending weekly meetings, submitting a weekly online reflective diary and attending training.
See yourself as a Peer Mentor?
If you’re keen to be a positive influence and role model for new Health students, while also gaining relevant employment experience to boost your CV, then we want you! You just need to have completed at least two study periods to be eligible.
As a Peer Mentor, you’ll:
- become a role model to new students
- expand your network of contacts and friends within the university
- develop your interpersonal and leadership skills for future employability
- access exclusive Students Helping Students (SHS) events and employment opportunities
- receive a letter of commendation and gift.
Apply to become a Peer Mentor now or email [email protected] with any questions.