Get ready for T1 exams with this essential info
The Trimester 1 exam period isn’t too far away – it will run from Monday 6 to Friday 17 June 2022. If your units include exams, you must be available to sit them during this timeframe.
Most exams and final assessments will be delivered online through your CloudDeakin unit site. Some courses/units with accreditation requirements also have on-campus exams. If this applies to you, you’ll have received an email to your Deakin email address.
Here’s what you need to do now.
Check your exam details
- Your exam timetable is now available in StudentConnect. Check to see when your exams are scheduled and confirm all your information is up to date.
- Check each of your unit sites for details about your exams and final assessments. Each unit will have different requirements, so review the information carefully. We also encourage you to check regularly, as some unit sites will have information added over the coming weeks.
- If you have an Access Plan through the Disability Resource Centre, adjustments will be applied to exams where relevant. Check your Deakin student email and unit site for further information.
Confirm your exam location details/time zone are correct
In your exam timetable, we have recorded a ‘Current location’ for you. This must represent the time zone you’ll be in during exams. Most online final assessments will be time-limited and require you to start at the Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) listed in StudentConnect.
If you need to set or change your location for time zone purposes, you can do so until Monday 23 May – no further changes will be possible after this date. Please do this as early as possible, as updating this information is important for the timing of your exam.
Remember to plan ahead! If you have exams of varying durations and submission times that overlap, these aren’t considered clashes. Exam dates and times won’t be changed.
Understand how online exams will work
Your unit sites will tell you the format of your exams, which can be:
- A supervised online exam: information on how to prepare and sit your exam will be in your CloudDeakin unit site.
- A timed exam: make sure you log on early with any resources you need so that you can meet the time limits.
- A timed exam available during a 24-hour window: as an example, you may have a two-hour exam and can choose when to start. Remember: once you start your exam, you’ll only have two hours to complete it, and you must finish and submit it before the end of the 24-hour window.
- An exam you download to work on and then return to the site to upload: permitted working times for these exams should be listed in your unit site (for example, two, 24, 48 or 72 hours). These exams have strict deadlines – there will be no extensions or allowance for late submissions, so allow enough time at the end of your exam to upload your work before the submission time finishes.
Start to prepare
Now that you know exactly when your exams will be, you can get prepared by:
- Using our Study Support tools, services and resources. Remember there are limited concurrent licences for some online textbooks, so plan ahead for open-book exams.
- Understanding exam technical requirements. Please contact the IT Help Desk as soon as possible if you have any technical questions. During the exam period, IT support will be available from 8am to 10pm, Monday to Friday, and 9am to 5pm on weekends.
- Visiting the General exam information page and the Supervised online exams page for more information.