Skip to navigation Skip to content
Group of students sitting outside at Waurn Ponds

4 March 2022

Are you from a regional or remote area and starting study in 2022? Apply for financial support!

Did you know that the Australian Government funds a range of scholarship programs to support students from regional and rural areas, including those wanting to relocate to study?

So if you’re starting your study this year, see if you’re eligible for one of more than 1000 scholarships worth up to $18,500 each. If you plan to move to study, you could also receive a one-off relocation payment of up to $5000.

Applications for both programs are now open, but don’t delay as the number of payments is limited.

Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships

Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships (RRES) provide up to $18,000 for regional students to undertake studies from Cert IV to PhD at any eligible Australian institution – whether you stay in your local community to study or relocate.

RRES scholarships support flexible study arrangements and are available to eligible students who are:

You could also receive an additional $500 to undertake a relevant internship.

Find out more on the RRES website, via email at [email protected] or by calling 1800 290 979.

Tertiary Access Payment

The Tertiary Access Payment (TAP) is a one-off payment of up to $5,000 to help eligible students with the cost of moving to study – for example, expenses like the bond for your accommodation, assistance with rent and other household bills, as well as textbooks and study supplies.

To be eligible for the TAP, you need to have finished Year 12 or equivalent in 2021.

Find out all you need to know, including if your family home is in a regional or remote area and other eligibility criteria.

back to top
%d bloggers like this: