Skip to navigation Skip to content
Smiling female student at Waterfront Campus looking at notebook

24 January 2022

Your T1/2022 timetable questions answered

In Trimester 1 (T1), we’re getting back to campus: many classes, seminars and hands-on learning activities will be delivered in person, underpinned by Deakin’s digital learning environment. To help you plan ahead, here’s all you need to know about timetables in T1 – who needs one, how to create your timetable and important dates.

Do I need a timetable?

If you’re enrolled in on-campus units, you need a timetable. You create your timetable through an online system called STAR (Student Timetable Allocation and Registration).

If you’re an on-campus student currently based outside Australia and an online option isn’t available for your activity, please contact your Unit Chair. You can find Unit Chair information in the 2022 University Handbook.

If you’re enrolled in Cloud online units (shown in StudentConnect delivery mode as Cloud Online), your timetable is not in STAR. Your online unit information will instead be available on your CloudDeakin unit site one week before the start of trimester.

If you’re enrolled in both Cloud and on-campus units, you will need to use STAR timetable for your on‑campus units only.

How do I plan my timetable?

We encourage you to plan ahead by looking at the provisional timetable. This gives a sneak peek into when classes, seminars and other learning experiences are scheduled, and will help you to see what options may suit you best. 

When do I create my timetable?

How do I enter my preferences?

Check out the STAR webpage and instructional video for some easy-to-follow directions. Remember that:

Where can I get help?