COVID-19 vaccinations are available now at Deakin Medical Centre
We’re looking forward to seeing students back on campus!
To keep our entire community safe, only fully vaccinated students, or those with an approved exemption, are allowed to attend campus. This is based on public health orders and legal requirements, and aligns with the Victorian Roadmap for reopening.
How to get vaccinated on campus
If you haven’t yet had your COVID-19 jab or are due for your booster, you can do so at the Deakin Medical Centre (DMC) at both our Burwood and Waurn Ponds campuses – you’re allowed to attend the DMC even if you’re unvaccinated. We have plenty of stock on hand and appointments are available now.
Please note, Deakin Medical Centre does not offer COVID-19 vaccinations for children aged 5 to 11.
The vaccine is free for every Australian who wishes to have it, as well as for international students.
The DMC is offering the Pfizer vaccine. To make your appointment:
- If you have a Medicare card – book online at either Burwood or Waurn Ponds.
- If you’re an international student – call the DMC on 9244 5577 to make an appointment. Before booking, you should ensure you have an Individual Healthcare Identifier (IHI), which records all vaccinations you have in Australia and provides evidence of vaccinations. If you don’t yet have an IHI, it’s quick and easy to apply online. Make sure the name on your IHI matches the one on your passport.
Please be on time, always wear your mask, bring your ID card and Medicare card, and ensure you’ve completed the online consent form.
If on the day of your appointment you’re not feeling well, you’ve been tested for COVID-19 or you’ve been in contact with a suspected or confirmed case, please cancel your appointment. For information on what to do next visit the Victorian Government checklist for COVID-19 cases.
Important information for Burwood appointments: Car Park 12 is unavailable until early February. Parking is available in Car Park 11, including accessible options, although you may experience delays. To avoid disruption, consider parking in the multi-level car park (Car Park 6) on the main side of campus and walking across the footbridge.
Remember to provide proof of your vaccination
Once you’re vaccinated, to attend campus you need to supply proof using Deakin’s online Vaccination Status form. If you’re unvaccinated, or you don’t have a valid exemption, you won’t be able to attend campus.
Find out more about providing evidence to Deakin and other vaccination FAQs.
When to get a booster shot or third dose
If you’re severely immunocompromised due to a health condition or because you’re undergoing medical treatment, you’re eligible for a third dose of an mRNA vaccine two to six months after your second dose. It doesn’t matter which type of vaccine you received for your earlier doses.
Otherwise, you’ll be eligible for a booster mRNA dose three months after your second dose. Booster doses are not mandatory, but they’re recommended to maintain immunity against COVID-19.
You can make an appointment to get your booster or third dose at the DMC when you’re eligible. The date you had your second dose of vaccine is on your COVID-19 digital certificate.
How to get more information
- Find out more about Deakin’s vaccination requirements in our student FAQs.
- If you have questions or concerns about getting vaccinated, talk to your doctor for the most tailored and relevant medical advice.
- Find out more about the vaccines, including information in multiple languages, and where to access the Pfizer, AstraZeneca and Moderna vaccines at other locations.
- Visit the Victorian Government COVID-19 website for up-to-date information on eligibility, vaccine developments and appointments.