Never forget a password again with our free online tool!
Just about every online system or platform you use for study or in your personal life asks you to create a ‘strong and secure’ password – but how on earth are you supposed to remember and store them all?
You might try to make it simple by creating easy-to-guess passwords or reusing the same one for lots of different accounts. Unfortunately, this can leave you and your data vulnerable to being hacked or misused by cybercriminals.
It’s vital that you develop strong password habits and carry this through your online life. Luckily, we’ve made it simple and hassle-free – LastPass Premium is now available for free to all students!
LastPass is a secure password manager that helps you generate and store passwords, and sync data across all your browsers and devices. Basically, it remembers your passwords so you don’t have to. *Yay*.
To make sure you never forget another password, create a Last Pass account by following these steps:
- Log on to https://lastpass.com/partnerpremium/deakin.
- Enter your Deakin email (typically [email protected]) and your personal email address, and Submit.
- Check your Deakin email account – there will be an email from LastPass prompting you to click on a link to Upgrade my account.
- Click on the link in the email and it will invite you to select either Create an Account or Log In (if you’re an existing user). If you already have an account, log in with your LastPass username and password, and click on the Redeem Premium Upgrade
Find out more about how to set up your account and make the most of LastPass.
Easy, right? Make sure use you use LastPass alongside Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), which all Deakin student accounts must have applied to help protect them from unauthorised access. Your digital life has never been so simple and secure!
Get help and more information
- Our Cybersecurity blog will keep you up to date with the latest known online scams and show you how to stay safe online – from protecting your personal information when using your mobile phone or shopping online to reporting scams on various social media sites.
- Got a question or IT issue? Contact IT Help or email [email protected].