Get to know your new DeakinSync with our handy videos and FAQs
Have you checked out the new DeakinSync yet? We recently gave you a sneak peek of your redesigned and improved online learning portal, which has access to everything you need to succeed at Deakin. Here’s what a couple of students think about the makeover:
Much cleaner and simpler format, particularly on mobile devices.
I really like the new layout. It’s much easier to identify all the useful links and is incredibly handy to have the course map attached also.
On Monday 25 October, the updated version will go live. You’ll automatically be redirected to the new site and the current version will be retired.
Ahead of the official launch, now’s the time to make sure you’re familiar and comfortable with the new layout, navigation and features. To help, check out our handy intro videos, which take you on a tour of the site and explain how to make the most of this awesome resource.
For all students except HDR:
For HDR students:
There’s also a range of helpful articles and FAQs, so check these out if you have any specific questions.
With its cleaner and simpler design, and greater accessibility on mobiles and tablets, you’ll find it so much easier to access all your uni essentials on DeakinSync. Key features include:
- Navigation: located across the top of the page, you can easily navigate to key Deakin sites, systems, information and support.
- Student details: shows your name and student number.
- Course details: displays the course(s) you’re enrolled in. A progress bar shows how many credit points you’ve completed, and you can easily link to your course handbook and map to help you plan your course, understand course rules and enrol in units.
- Current units: shows which units you’re currently enrolled in.
- All units: summarises your enrolled/future and completed units, with status, credit points achieved, access to your relevant primary learning sites and any recognition of prior learning (RPL).
- Course sites and other resources: gives you easy access to your course discipline sites, and enables you to add other relevant learning sites or modules.
- Featured communication: displays recommended actions that may benefit your learning and highlights ways you can get involved in uni life.
- News feed: links to the Deakin Life blog, so you can stay up to date with relevant and timely uni news, events and opportunities.
We’ll also continue to use your feedback to make further refinements and improvements to DeakinSync.
Need some help?
Having trouble using the new DeakinSync, or are your course progress, units, course sites and resources not displaying correctly? Just contact the IT Help Desk, which you can also access from the ‘Help and support’ menu in DeakinSync.