Our short-stay rooms offer you flexible accommodation for T2
Did you know that Deakin’s student accommodation isn’t just for residents who live on campus full-time throughout the year? We also offer shorter stays in fully furnished self-contained rooms on all of our campuses. This option could be perfect for you if:
- You’ve now got more timetabled on-campus learning activities and would love to live nearby, but aren’t keen on committing to a six- or 12-month lease.
- You’ve got a professional experience placement or internship coming up in Trimester 2, and want to avoid the hassle of searching through hotel or Airbnb listings.
We can offer you a budget-friendly, stress-free alternative!
Where you can stay
We have a range of accommodation options on each of our campuses:
- Melbourne Burwood – if you need to be close to campus to attend classes or have to head into the city for your placement, stay in a private studio apartment or a shared apartment with your own bedroom and study area. For more information, call 9251 7671 or email Melbourne Burwood accommodation.
- Geelong Waurn Ponds and Waterfront – choose a private bedroom with shared living in the heart of the Geelong CBD or on the beautiful grounds at Waurn Ponds, where you can use the onsite gym and other facilities. For more information, call 5227 1158 or email Geelong accommodation.
- Warrnambool – relax in a self-contained apartment close to all this beautiful area has to offer. You’ll have your own lockable bedroom and will share a kitchen, dining space, lounge, bathroom and laundry with other students. For more information, call 5563 3111 or email Warrnambool accommodation.
How it works
We provide all bedding and linen, and – bonus! – cleaning is included. There’s free wi-fi, while kitchens are fitted with basic cooking packs and have fridges, microwaves and ovens.
We don’t offer room service or wake-up calls but there’s heaps of other benefits, including the opportunity to meet other students. But don’t just take our word for it – hear from some students who’ve used this accommodation during their placements:
Zoe: It’s good value for money, it’s safe, it’s welcoming and it’s comforting having your own place away from home that’s private and secure. There’s a good balance between freedom and having your own space, but also having the comfort of knowing that security and staff can help you whenever needed.
Jessica: It was the cheapest accommodation I could find that offered everything I needed in terms of kitchen facilities, amenities and wi-fi, and the 24/7 security was also comforting.
Harriet: The benefits included being able to live in a self-contained unit so that I didn’t disturb anyone else with my early starts and late returns, a convenient location, being able to easily wash my uniforms and clothes using the communal laundry, parking for free in an undercover car park and feeling comfortable living in a familiar environment while I was undertaking so many new experiences.
Costs and booking info
Rates vary, depending on the location, type of room and length of stay. Full payment must be made at the time of booking, but if you need to cancel and let us know 72 hours before check-in, you’ll get a full refund.
To book, just complete the Short stay enquiry form and we’ll be in touch.
Need more information? Check out the Stay at Deakin page to start planning your placement now!