No matter where you’re studying, Deakin Library resources are available to you
Whether you’re on campus for the day or studying from home, there are many different ways you can receive advice, information and resources from Deakin Library this study period. The campus libraries are now open and you’re welcome to visit whenever you’re attending campus, in line with current COVIDSafe requirements (more below).
Need help from home?
Wherever you’re located, you can always get help from the library online.
- Access a wide range of e-books, journals, videos, newspapers and other online resources through the library website.
- Find helpful videos on the library’s YouTube channel, including tutorials on how to use Library Search, what services and resources you can get from the library, how to improve your digital literacy and much more.
- You’re welcome to contact us with your questions through Library Chat or by telephone or email.
- You can find and contact our faculty Liaison Librarians online for personalised advice about the units you’re studying.
Want to visit while you’re on campus?
We’re excited to welcome you back to our campus libraries for Trimester 2/Semester 2! Please note you must follow the COVIDSafe requirements outlined below prior to entering and while you’re in the library spaces. Any changes to library hours or services due to COVID-19 are kept up to date on the library homepage and individual campus pages:
Help us stay COVIDSafe on campus
All students coming to campus should be aware of the guidelines outlined in Deakin’s COVID-19 FAQs.
- If you have not already done so, complete Deakin’s COVIDSafe module before attending a campus for the first time.
- Remember you must not come to campus if you feel unwell. Conduct a self-check before you visit campus – use the Symptom Checker testing and quarantine guidance.
- When you arrive at the library, you must scan the COVIDSafe QR code to sign in at the entrance to assist with the University’s mandatory contact tracing efforts.
- You must stay at least 1.5 metres apart from other students, even if you are studying together. Please respect library staff and follow the guidance on signs posted around campus to keep everyone safe.
- Face masks are currently mandatory in indoor public spaces across Victoria, which means you cannot enter the library (or other indoor spaces on campus) unless you are wearing a properly fitted mask. While masks are not currently required to be worn outdoors, it is recommended you carry a mask with you at all times for instances where you may be unable to maintain physical distancing from others on campus.
- Make full use of your library! Burwood, Warrnambool and Waurn Ponds have multiple levels – so feel free to spread out and find some space.
Read more about how to be COVIDSafe on campus.
Looking for a quiet place to study?
If you’d like to visit the library to study, we strongly encourage you to book a space ahead of your visit, as capacity guidelines will be strictly followed. Desks, booths, computers and group rooms are all available to be reserved ahead of time. Please ensure you bring your Deakin Card ID with you.
Looking to borrow an item?
You are encouraged to download the Deakin Borrow app which allows you to scan and borrow physical items straight off the shelf from your campus library at any time during opening hours. Deakin Borrow also allows you to remotely manage or renew your loans, and view the status of your requests.
Got a question?
While there are face-to-face services available at the start of the trimester, our service desks may be unattended at times throughout T2/S2. Contact us on Library Chat or by phone or email during open hours for assistance.
For updates on the accessibility of Deakin Library, visit the library blog for the latest news.