Skip to navigation Skip to content
Young male student with phone at Waterfront Campus

18 June 2021

Help is available for our international students located in Australia, from financial aid to study support

Diversity is one of Deakin’s greatest strengths, and our international students are a very valued part of our community. While COVID-19 has been hard on everyone, we know that anyone living and studying far away from home and family has faced some particularly tough challenges.

We’re here to help you every step of the way. If you’re located in Australia, there’s lots of support that you can access, so please reach out.

**Are you an international student currently studying overseas? We want to send our best wishes to you and your families. A range of support is also available.**

Access financial support

For many students, one of the hardest parts of living with COVID has been the financial impact. If you or family members have lost work and income, and are struggling to pay the bills, there’s a range of financial assistance options available.

Support from Deakin

Government support

Community support

Consider getting vaccinated when you’re eligible

Australia’s COVID-19 vaccination program is now underway, with individuals being immunised in phases based on priority groups. International students are eligible under the same priority groups as Australian citizens, and the vaccine is free to everyone. However, to have a COVID vaccination, you’ll also need to apply for an Individual Healthcare Identifier.

It’s not compulsory for anyone to have the vaccine, and there is no intention by Deakin to mandate it for students. We’ll continue to be guided by federal and state government and health authorities.

Find out more about when you may be eligible and how to get vaccinated.

Chat to a Student Adviser about your enrolment

If you have any concerns about your enrolment, talk to a Student Adviser from Student Central. They can help you with course and unit advice, full-time and part-time study options, intermission and visa compliance advice.

If you need specific help with personal and learning issues related to your health and wellbeing (including homesickness or cultural issues), you may be referred to an International Student Support Officer (ISSO). An ISSO can provide further support and refer you to other key services at Deakin and within the community.

You can book a phone or Zoom appointment with a Student Adviser up to 30 minutes in advance. 

Get assignment help

If you’re struggling with your work or assignments, there’s fantastic help available through our Study Support resources and programs. You can also:

Look after yourself

Your health, wellbeing and safety is our top priority. At Deakin, you can:

Stay up to date

The health and safety of the Deakin community remains our top priority. View the latest information about campus access, learning and uni services at our COVIDSafe FAQs.

back to top