Skip to navigation Skip to content
Jill Stpehens, Warrnambool Librarian as shown in Deakin Library's Meet Your Librarian series

9 June 2021

Meet your librarian: Jill Stephens, Warrnambool

Continuing our Meet your Librarian series, today we are featuring Jill Stephens, the Liaison Librarian for Health, SEBE and Arts & Education at Warrnambool Campus.

My area of expertise

My favourite quote

‘The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.’ – Dr. Seuss

Some of my favourite resources

1. Free access to newspapers

Who doesn’t love freebies? You can access so many free newspapers from this link, including The Age and the Financial Review.

2. Canva

Canva is the go-to that will make your presentations at University look very smart. There are so many templates for you to choose from, including Zoom backgrounds and presentation templates. This will make your work stand out in the crowd.

3. Deakin Library Resource Guides

I recommend that all students and staff become familiar with their Resource Guides. Your subject’s guide will navigate you to targeted books, specific databases, articles, web resources and other specialist resources required to complete your studies. Make this link one of your favourites.

4. Finding and Using Resources Guide

I recommend that all students visit this section of the Resource Guides page as it will help you with so many facets of your study. It includes help with copyright, your guide to referencing, peer-reviewed information and how to select primary and secondary sources.

5. Search Planner

This search planner can be found in the Health Library Resource Guides area. It’s imperative to get into good searching habits when you commence University. The search planner helps you to plan out, record and then test your search. It’s a good reference point for tweaking your search further or if you need help in future assignments to remember how you conducted your search.

My favourite recent book 

On the Trail of Genghis Khan by Tim Cope

I’m an avid armchair traveller and love to traverse many countries with an author on whatever form of transport they’ve chosen.

How to get in touch

T: 03 5563 3036

E: [email protected]

Originally published on Article, the Deakin Library blog.