Skip to navigation Skip to content
NIKERI students

7 May 2021

Complete an internship with an Indigenous organisation

The Aurora Project Internship Program is currently seeking Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students for winter internships in Indigenous organisations. The internships focus on areas such as:

How it works

The internships run for four to six weeks, either part-time or full-time. Placements are available in all major cities and some remote/regional areas of Australia. You’ll receive funding of $800 per week, as well as travel and accommodation of up to $2,800 for away-from-home internships.

Who’s eligible

Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander undergraduate and postgraduate students from any academic background are eligible. You’ll need:

Depending on the internship, some other specific course requirements may also apply.

Find out more about what kinds of internships are available.

Why you should apply

The program has a transformative impact on the organisations it supports. You’ll be offering under-resourced organisations assistance and support, while also gaining practical experience and a ‘foot in the door’ to career opportunities in the sector.

Curious to know what the program is like? Read about the experience of graduate Miet Engelhardt, who recently completed a six-week internship with the North Australian Aboriginal Justice Agency in Alice Springs:

This internship expanded many of my skillsets. Most keenly, I am confident in my knowledge of how the court room and trials run, my legal research skills have improved, and I have shown myself to be very adaptive.

How to apply

Late applications are currently being accepted, but you’ll need to get in quick. Email [email protected] as soon as possible to register your interest, and the team will contact you with information about completing your online application.