Live on campus in Trimester 2!
Congratulations! You’ve survived your first few months of uni – you know your way around, are more confident about what you’re doing and have a pretty good idea of how things work. So are you ready to take things to the next level?
If you’re keen to learn more about yourself, have awesome new experiences, meet even more people and forge fond memories, then apply to live on campus next trimester. There’s no better way to fully immerse yourself in the Deakin lifestyle and culture than by joining our close-knit residential community.
Applications are now open, so here’s why you should come and join the Deakin Res crew.
Res living has tons of perks
- Deeper friendships: Our tailored living options, peer support and extended transition program help residents to feel a stronger sense of belonging and form deeper connections with other students. You’ll make friends for life while living on campus!
- Better academic performance: Living on campus is so much more than just a safe room in a secure building. Students who live on campus can expect to achieve higher grades – residents have been proven to consistently outperform non-residents.
- Personalised support: Our Residential Leaders (RLs) know what it’s like to live on campus and are here to give you a warm welcome and help you settle in. Along with our expert Campus Life staff, RLs also help to manage any issues to do with student safety, welfare or behaviour.
- More time and convenience: Like to sleep in? Living on campus means you can walk to your classes in around five minutes. You’ve also got direct access to some of the most important university facilities and support services – most notably the library, gym, medical and counselling centres, and some of the best coffee going around! It’s also a breeze to explore the local area, as each of our campuses is well connected to public transport.
- An easy lifestyle: Forget the hassle of finding housemates and organising rental accommodation – everything is ready when you arrive. Each accommodation precinct includes study rooms, laundries, bike storage, a movie room, common rooms, pool tables, outdoor spaces and communal BBQs. Our team also ensures your home is always maintained to a comfortable standard. And the free wi-fi is amazing!
- 24-7 customer service and security: You’ll always have direct access to an on-site staff member to provide an immediate response in cases such as a lockout or during more serious emergencies.
- Diverse cultural and social activities: Do you like photography? Drama? Sports? Singing? We’ve got it all covered. Our Campus Life team and RLs run a variety of small and large events on and off campus.
- Student leadership opportunities: If you return to live on campus for your second or third year, you’ll have the chance to become an RL. You’ll have the opportunity to help others and meet more friends – plus it’ll look great on your CV.
How to apply
Spots are currently available on all campuses and it’s simple to apply. Our step-by-step guide will tell you everything you need to know and help you through the process.
Spots are filling fast, so don’t delay!
We’ve also got short-stay options
Already got your T2 accommodation sorted, but think you might need somewhere to stay during a placement or for a short trip to another campus? Or perhaps you’ve got some family or friends visiting you during trimester?
We offer short-stays in fully self-contained rooms at all of our campuses, with wonderful amenities, convenient locations and budget-friendly rates.
So if you’re keen to avoid the hassle of searching through hotel or Airbnb listings, check out these awesome stress-free alternatives.